North Carolina A&T beats Hampton 69-65Feb 16, 2010 - 3:47 AM HAMPTON, Va.(AP) -- Robert Johnson scored 13 points to lead three other players in double figures as North Carolina A&T defeated Hampton 69-65 on Monday night.
Tavarus Alston, Dwane Joshua and Thomas Coleman each scored 11 points for the Aggies (9-17, 5-7 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who avenged a 65-55 loss against the Pirates on Jan. 18.
The Pirates trailed only 49-47 with 11:20 remaining in the second half, but the Aggies went on a 13-4 run to take a 62-51 lead with 5:10 left in the game.
Hampton outscored North Carolina A&T 6-1 to close out the contest.
Darrion Pellum scored 18 points and dished out five assists to pace the Pirates (8-17, 4-8), who have lost three of their past four games.
Hampton led 37-31 at halftime, but shot only 35.5 percent in the second half (11-for-31). The Aggies shot 50 percent in the second period (13-for-26).
- UVa routs Hampton 81-45 after Bennett collapses, returns Mar 17
- No. 1 seed Virginia keeps focus on Hampton - not Spartans Mar 16
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- Kentucky starts slow, still pummels Hampton Mar 20
- No. 1 Kentucky opens with matchup against Hampton Mar 19
- Hampton tops Manhattan, advances to play Kentucky Mar 18
- Hampton and Manhattan open NCAA Tournament Mar 17
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- No. 23 Syracuse takes down Hampton Nov 16