Hassell's 15 leads Old Dominion past Towson 78-67Feb 17, 2010 - 3:15 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Frank Hassell scored 15 points to lead Old Dominion to a 78-67 win over Towson on Tuesday night.
Gerald Lee and Kent Bazemore each scored 14 points for the Monarchs (21-7, 13-3 Colonial Athletic Association). Keyon Carter finished with 13 points and a game-high seven rebounds.
Old Dominion never trailed after the Tigers (7-19, 4-12) held a one-point lead with 15:58 left in the first half on layup by Josh Brown, who finished with 11 points. The Monarchs took their largest lead of the game at 63-46 on Lee's free throw with 8:49 to play.
Towson would pull no closer than 11 points the rest of the way.
Old Dominion shot 51.6 percent from the floor (33-for-64) compared to the Tigers, who shot 46 percent (23-for-50). The Monarchs also outrebounded Towson 39-28.
RaShawn Polk led the Tigers with 16 points. Isaiah Philmore and Robert Nwankwo scored 11 points apiece.
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22
- Towson hits road to challenge No. 2 Kansas Nov 22
- Towson's Skerry given contract extension Aug 15
- Jeff Jones named coach at Old Dominion Apr 4