Carter lifts Indiana State to 75-69 OT victoryFeb 17, 2010 - 3:23 AM TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(AP) -- Aaron Carter hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with 40 seconds left in overtime Tuesday, then added a pair of free throws with 10 seconds remaining to send Indiana State to a 75-69 victory over Bradley.
Carter, who finished with 19 points and 10 rebounds, also hit a 3-pointer with 13 seconds left in regulation to put the Sycamores (6-11, 8-8 Missouri Valley) on top 61-59, only to see Bradley's Sam Maniscalco score on a layup with 5 seconds remaining to send the game to overtime.
Carl Richard added 13 points for Indiana State, including five in the OT period. Rashad Reed had 12 and Josh Crawford 11.
Maniscalco led Bradley (13-13, 8-8) with 15 points. Taylor Brown and Dyricus Simms-Edwards added 14 each, and Andrew Warren had 13.
Indiana State, which lost to Bradley 91-85 in overtime on Jan. 6, used a 20-2 run in the first half to lead 31-21 at the break.
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 75 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 16 9:10 PM
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 31 HALFTIME
Feb 16 7:54 PM
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4