Ford gives Oral Roberts spark in 76-56 victoryFeb 17, 2010 - 3:21 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Kevin Ford scored 21 points in his final college home game to lead Oral Roberts past Centenary 76-56 on Tuesday.
Ford, a 6-foot-9 senior forward, was 8 of 13 from the field and 5 of 6 on free throws.
Warren Niles added 17 points and Dominique Morrison 16 for the Golden Eagles (16-12, 11-5 Summit League), who swept their two-game season series with the Gentlemen (8-19, 3-13 Summit).
Daman Starring led Centenary with 13 points and Maxx Nakwaasah had 11.
After Starring's 3-pointer tied the game at 24 with 7:55 left in the first half, Oral Roberts outscored the Gents 49-13 over the next 18 minutes to break the game open. Morrison scored 13 points during that stretch.
Oral Roberts shot 52 percent from the field (29 of 56) compared to 34 percent for Centenary (18 of 53).
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- No. 15 Oklahoma routs Oral Roberts Dec 16
- Oral Roberts visits No. 15 Oklahoma Dec 16
- Oral Roberts forced to forfeit two Southland games Jan 7
- Baylor cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 31
- Bears set sights on Golden Eagles Dec 30
- No. 11 Wichita State cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 7
- Shockers play host to Golden Eagles Dec 7
- Kaminsky leads Wisconsin past Oral Roberts Nov 24
- Golden Eagles hope to soar past 12th-ranked Badgers Nov 23
- No. 4 Arizona routs Oral Roberts Dec 19
- Depleted Musketeers suffer their first loss Dec 18