Lehigh comes back to foil Colgate upset bid 91-81Feb 18, 2010 - 3:44 AM HAMILTON, N.Y.(AP) -- CJ McCollum and Michael Ojo scored 22 points apiece, and Zahir Carrington added 12 points and 14 rebounds as Lehigh turned back an upset bid by Colgate 91-81 on Wednesday night.
The Mountain Hawks (17-9, 8-3 Patriot League) maintained their one-game conference lead over Navy and Bucknell after trailing 49-40 at halftime.
Five steals in the opening 5:09 of the second half helped Lehigh turn the game around and go on top 67-58 with 10:45 remaining. But the Raiders (8-17, 4-7), who had won their last two games by a point each, came back with a 13-3 run, taking a 71-70 lead on Kyle Roemer's layup with 6:29 left.
A 3-pointer by Ojo at the 5:48 mark put Lehigh back in the lead to stay, and a dunk by Carrington made it 75-71 with 5:17 left. Lehigh shot 65.4 percent (17-for-26) in the second half.
Roemer scored 21 points for the Raiders, and Gyawu and Ben Jonson scored 13 each.
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6
- Syracuse crushes Colgate again Nov 25
- Colgate seeks first win over Syracuse in half a century Nov 25
- Jefferson, Baylor easily dispatch Lehigh Nov 9