Kent State beats Ohio 74-67Feb 18, 2010 - 2:59 AM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Chris Singletary and Justin Greene each recorded double-doubles, leading Kent State to a 74-67 win over Ohio on Wednesday night.
Singletary scored 17 points and grabbed 10 boards while Greene had 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Golden Flashes (19-8, 10-3 Mid-American Conference), who remain tied with Akron for first place in the conference. The win puts Kent State one game closer to a possible showdown for the MAC crown in the season final at Akron on March 5.
The Golden Flashes trailed the Bobcats as late as 7:31 remaining when Armon Bassett's free throws put Ohio up 59-54. But Anthony Simpson's dunk and Mike McKee's 3-pointer sparked a 14-2 Golden Flashes run and they never trailed again.
Simpson also finished with 15 points and Rodriguez Sherman added 11 for Kent State.
D.J. Cooper had 23 points and 10 rebounds to lead Ohio (14-13, 5-8).
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17
- Ohio battles Akron for MAC Tournament title Mar 16
- Ohio U cancels basketball game amid campus scare Jan 30
- Christian leaves TCU for Ohio U Apr 3
- Tar Heels survive in OT to beat Ohio Mar 24