George Washington defeats Massachusetts 66-60Feb 18, 2010 - 2:45 AM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Lasan Kromah scored 16 of his 22 points in the second half as George Washington defeated Massachusetts 66-60 on Wednesday night.
George Washington (14-10, 4-7 Atlantic 10 Conference), which had lost three straight to UMass, got 12 points from Joseph Katuka, with 10 coming in the first half. The Colonials, who had lost seven of the previous nine games, had a 55-34 rebound advantage and had 26 offensive boards.
UMass (10-16, 4-8) was led by Anthony Gurley, who had 16 points. Freddie Riley had all 15 of his points in the first half. UMass' Ricky Harris, who averaged 29.3 points the previous three games, was held to four in the first half and 10 overall.
UMass' Javorn Farrell was ejected with 17:45 left after he grabbed a defensive rebound and swung his right arm toward George Washington's Damian Hollis.
Aaron Ware hit one of the two technical free throws for a 33-32 lead.
- NCAA BB
GEO WASHINGTON 66 FINAL
Feb 17 9:34 PM
- NCAA BB
GEO WASHINGTON 29 HALFTIME
Feb 17 7:59 PM
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- No. 25 VCU survives challenge from UMass Feb 21
- UMass pays visit to No. 25 VCU Feb 21
- VCU gets back on track at George Washington Feb 15
- Colonials tangle with 20th-ranked Rams Feb 14
- VCU keeps rolling with rout of George Washington Jan 27
- Colonials come calling on 14th-ranked Rams Jan 27
- GW upends No. 11 Wichita State Dec 25
- Shockers clash with Colonials for Diamond Head Classic crown Dec 25
- No. 9 UVA cruises past GW Nov 22
- Colonials seek upset of ninth-ranked Cavaliers Nov 21
- UMass' Gordon says he's gay Apr 9