Navy beats Holy Cross 83-80Feb 18, 2010 - 4:25 AM ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP) -- Chris Harris and Jordan Sugars scored 21 points apiece, leading Navy past Holy Cross 83-80 on Wednesday night.
Mike Cavataio's jumper with just over 2 minutes left put Holy Cross up 78-76, but Sugars hit a 3 to spark a 7-2 run the rest of the way to seal it for Navy. Harris capped the Navy spree on a jumper with 11 seconds left for the final margin.
O.J. Avworo added 14 points and Greg Brown had 10 for the Midshipmen (13-13, 7-4 Patriot League), who shot 16-for-20 from the free throw line (80 percent). The Crusaders were 17-for-25 (68 percent) from the charity stripe.
The Midshipmen scored 26 points off of 15 turnovers while committing just eight of their own.
Devin Brown scored 23 points for Holy Cross (7-19, 4-7), while Andrew Keister had 22 points and 14 rebounds. Cavataio finished with 10 points for the Crusaders.
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Holy Cross visits Brown to open CIT Mar 17
- Paige, No. 12 North Carolina hold off Holy Cross Nov 15
- 12th-ranked Tar Heels collide with Crusaders Nov 15
- Holy Cross extends head coach Brown Jul 10