Wright State knocks off Detroit 70-53Feb 18, 2010 - 2:29 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Todd Brown scored 17 points to lead five Wright State players in double figures as the Raiders defeated Detroit 70-53 on Wednesday night.
N'Gai Evans added 16 points and Wright State (18-9, 11-5 Horizon League) outscored Detroit 37-19 in the second half for its third consecutive victory.
The Raiders opened the second half on a 13-3 run to take a 46-37 lead on Vaughn Duggins' 3-pointer with 14:28 to play. Duggins' layup gave Wright State a 52-39 lead with 8:58 left and Brown's 3-pointer pushed the advantage to 55-41 with 8:13 remaining.
Wright State had 16 assists and only five turnovers. Detroit (15-13, 7-9) shot 48.1 percent from the line (13-for-27).
Duggins, who had six assists, Cory Cooperwood and Ronnie Thomas scored 10 points each for the Raiders.
Chase Simon had 13 and Xavier Keeling added 11 for Detroit, which has lost five of its past six games.
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Calhoun, UConn rout Detroit Nov 14
- Huskies host Titans in 2K Sports Classic Nov 14