Cent. Michigan 63, Ball St. 69Feb 18, 2010 - 2:31 AM MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) -- Randy Davis scored a game-high 24 points as Ball State defeated Central Michigan, 69-63 in Mid-American Conference play on Wednesday night.
Ball State (14-11, 8-5) took a 36-25 lead into the half and extended that lead to as many as 15 points before the Chippewas (12-13, 7-6) went on an 18-0 run to take a 43-40 lead with 10:46 left to play.
Ball State would tie the game at 47 and go on a 17-9 run to take a 64-56 lead with 1:53 left to play. The Chippewas would get as close as down three with 11-seconds left before watching the Cardinals ice the game at the free-throw line.
Jauwan Scaife would score 11 of his 18 points in the first half for Ball State.
Jordan Bitzer led the Chippewas with 18 points.
This win gives Ball State a one-game lead over Central Michigan in the Mid-American West Conference.
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Ball State names Whitford hoops coach Apr 6
- Ball State fires hoops coach Mar 14
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29
- No. 1 Indiana dominates Ball State Nov 25