Texas-Arlington beats Southeastern Louisiana 85-73Feb 18, 2010 - 4:01 AM ARLINGTON, Texas(AP) -- Marquez Haynes led four Texas-Arlington players in double figures as the Mavericks easily defeated Southeastern Louisiana 85-73 Wednesday night.
Brandon Long scored 12 points, Dwight Gentry 11 and Tommy Moffitt 10 points and nine rebounds for Texas-Arlington (14-10, 6-5 Southland), which never trailed in the game, shooting 50 percent from the field, and led by as many as 19. The Mavericks held a 39-25 advantage at halftime.
Southeastern Louisiana got within nine with 2:35 to play, but Moffitt scored on a pass from Haynes to make it 76-65 and the Lions didn't threaten again.
Patrick Sullivan, despite foul trouble, led the Lions (14-10, 6-5) with 21 points. Sullivan was 8-for-13 from the field in 24 minutes.
Rodney Jones scored 15 for Southeastern Louisiana and Deshawn Patterson had 13.
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19
- New Mexico State wins WAC Mar 17
- Mavericks square off with Aggies in WAC championship game Mar 16