Kenney, Valparaiso top Loyola of Chicago 84-73Feb 18, 2010 - 3:47 AM VALPARAISO, Ind.(AP) -- Matt Kenney scored 27 points Wednesday night to lead Valparaiso past Loyola of Chicago 84-73.
Kenney made nine of his 13 shots and Valparaiso (15-14, 10-7) shot 50 percent in both halves to win the Horizon League game.
Howard Little scored 15 points for the Crusaders. Cory Johnson added 11 and Brandon Wood and Ryan Broekhoff had 10 apiece.
Andy Polka had 19 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Ramblers (14-12, 5-11). Geoff McCammon scored 18 points and Terrance Hill made four 3-pointers and finished with 15 points. Loyola made 45 percent of its shots overall.
Loyola led by six early in the first half, but Valparaiso led 40-34 at intermission and opened up a 20-point lead seven minutes into the second half.
- Lottich succeeds Drew as basketball coach at Valparaiso Apr 7
- Correction: Northern Kentucky-Valparaiso story Feb 16
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Maryland survives Valparaiso to advance Mar 20
- Terps open NCAA Tournament play against Crusaders Mar 20
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7