Odiakosa, Illinois State beat Missouri State 76-72Feb 18, 2010 - 4:29 AM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Dinma Odiakosa scored 30 points and keyed a 15-0 surge to open the second half as Illinois State beat Missouri State 76-72 on Wednesday night.
Missouri State led 33-28 at intermission, but Odiakosa scored the first seven points of the second half, Lloyd Phillips followed with a pair of 3-pointers and Odiakosa made another basket as Illinois State rolled to a 43-33 lead.
The Bears never led again.
Osiris Eldridge scored 15 points and Phillips 12 for the Redbirds (19-8, 10-6 Missouri Valley), who played the first of three straight home games after posting back-to-back road victories.
Adam Leonard drilled four 3-pointers and scored 20 points to lead the Bears (17-10, 7-9), who lost their seventh straight league road game. Kyle Weems added 19 points and Jermaine Mallett 12.
Illinois State shot 53.8 percent (28 of 52) to 48.3 percent (28 of 58) for the Bears.
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7