Babbitt's 27 lead Nevada past Fresno State 74-70Feb 18, 2010 - 5:32 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Luke Babbitt scored 27 points and Armon Johnson had 19 to lead Nevada past Fresno State 74-70 on Wednesday night.
Babbitt hit two free throws with 8.7 seconds left to seal the victory for the Wolf Pack (16-9, 8-4 Western Athletic Conference).
Paul George scored 26 points and Sylvester Seay 22 for the Bulldogs (13-14, 6-7).
A layup by Fresno State's Mike Ladd tied the game 66-66 with 5:40 to play. Babbitt then hit two free throws with 4:45 to go and two more with 4:01 to play to give Nevada a 70-66 lead. Both fouls were on Seay, fouling out the 6-foot-10 senior.
Seay scored 18 points and George had 12 as Fresno State took a 43-37 halftime lead.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2