Utah State gets past Louisiana Tech 67-61Feb 18, 2010 - 6:38 AM LOGAN, Utah(AP) -- Tai Wesley scored 16 points and Pooh Williams 15, all in the second half, to push Utah State past Louisiana Tech 67-61 Wednesday night.
Jared Quayle added 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Aggies (21-6, 11-2 Western Athletic Conference), and Nate Bendall had 11 points, including a critical putback after a missed free throw with 30 seconds remaining.
Magnum Rolle led the Bulldogs (20-6, 8-4) with 15 points and seven rebounds. DeAndre Brown and Kyle Gibson each added 14 points.
There were six lead changes and three ties in the second half after Louisiana Tech took its first advantage, 37-36 with 16:10 to play. The Bulldogs led by as many as three before Williams scored nine consecutive points for Utah State to give the Aggies a 54-52 lead with 4:09 to play.
Bendall had a dunk, a putback and a free throw in the final 90 seconds to seal the win.
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 61
UTAH ST 67 FINAL
Feb 18 1:12 AM
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 26
UTAH ST 29 HALFTIME
Feb 17 11:56 PM
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- New Mexico pulls away from Utah State Feb 26
- Surging Lobos take on slumping Aggies Feb 25
- Shrigley and Aztecs thump Aggies Feb 19
- Aggies and Aztecs mix it up in Mountain West melee Feb 18
- Thames, Aztecs edge Aggies in OT Jan 26