Fairleigh Dickinson 62, Long Island U. 68Feb 19, 2010 - 4:06 AM NEW YORK (AP) -- Jaytornah Wisseh scored 27 points to lead Long Island University to a 68-62 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on Thursday night.
Kyle Johnson added 16 points and 10 rebounds as the Blackbirds (11-15, 9-5 Northeast Conference) won for the second time in three games.
Long Island U. led 44-35 after Kenny Onyechi's layup with 13:51 to play, but Fairleigh Dickinson (9-19, 8-7) went on a 13-2 run over the next 3:18 to take a 48-46 lead with 10:33 to play. Mike Scott had nine points in the run, including 3-pointers to open and close it.
The Blackbirds led 62-54 with 4:18 to play and held off Fairleigh Dickinson on a pair of free throws from David Hicks and another one from Kyle Johnson in the final 19 seconds.
Johnson had 16 points and 10 rebounds.
Scott finished with 19 points, Sean Baptiste added 15, Terence Grier had 12 and Alvin Mofunanya had 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19
- Miller seeks milestone win as Wildcats host Knights Nov 18
- FDU names Herenda men's hoops coach Apr 26
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20