New Orleans beats Louisiana-Monroe 82-73Feb 19, 2010 - 4:25 AM MONROE, La.(AP) -- Devin McDonald scored 24 points and Charles Carmouche added 21, leading New Orleans to an 82-73 win over Louisiana-Monroe on Thursday night.
New Orleans (8-18, 3-12 Sun Belt Conference) came out of halftime with a 10-3 run to take a 54-35 lead 5 minutes into the second half. But the Warhawks surged back, using an 11-0 run to cut the deficit to 54-46 with just under 11 minutes to play.
However, the Warhawks made just two field goals in the next 7 minutes as New Orleans held an 11-point lead, 66-55, as the clock ticked under 3 minutes.
Louisiana-Monroe trimmed the lead to 77-71 with 32 seconds left, but New Orleans made 5 of 6 free throws down the stretch.
Lawrence Gilbert paced the Warhawks (11-16, 6-10) with 18 points.
New Orleans shot 61.7 percent from the floor (29-for-47) compared to 45.8 percent (22-for-48) for the Warhawks.
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Wiggins, KU take down UL-Monroe Nov 9