The Citadel defeats Western Carolina 73-56Feb 19, 2010 - 2:36 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Cosmo Morabbi scored 16 points to lead The Citadel to a 73-56 victory over Western Carolina on Thursday night, extending the Bulldogs' winning streak to five games.
Morabbi was 5-for-5 from the 3-point line and Zach Urbanus added 14 points for The Citadel (15-12, 9-6 Southern Conference), which shot 58.8 percent from beyond the arc (10-for-17).
Western Carolina (19-9, 9-7), which shot 33.9 percent from the field (19-for-56), has lost four of its past five games.
The Bulldogs trailed 40-39 before going on a 12-1 run capped by Morabbi's 3-pointer with 11:38 to play. Morabbi hit another 3-pointer for a 56-43 lead with 9:29 left.
Cameron Wells added 13 points and Harrison DuPont had 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Bulldogs, who also shot 76.5 percent from the free throw line (13-for-17).
Brigham Waginger led Western Carolina with 12 points.
- NCAA BB
WESTRN CAROLINA 56
THE CITADEL 73 FINAL
Feb 18 8:54 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN CAROLINA 33
THE CITADEL 32 HALFTIME
Feb 18 7:48 PM
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- Western Carolina extends Hunter's contract Jun 6
- Wofford holds off Western Carolina for SoCon crown Mar 11
- Catamounts and Terriers meet for SoCon crown Mar 10
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Young leads Oregon past Western Carolina Nov 14
- Whittington, Georgetown down Western Carolina Dec 15
- Catamounts seek upset of 15th-ranked Hoyas Dec 15
- Richardson leads No. 13 Illinois past Western Carolina Dec 5
- No. 13 Illinois plays host to Western Carolina Dec 4
- Davidson takes home Southern Conference title Mar 6