Lipscomb easily handles Florida Gulf Coast 93-75Feb 19, 2010 - 2:59 AM FORT MYERS, Fla.(AP) -- Adnan Hodzic scored 24 points and Josh Slater almost had a triple-double to lead Lipscomb to a 93-75 win over Florida Gulf Coast on Thursday night.
Slater finished with 19 points, 11 assists and nine rebounds for the Bisons (14-12, 11-6 Atlantic Sun Conference). Jordan Burgason also had 19 points and Brian Wright added 12.
Lipscomb, which never trailed, jumped out to a 20-10 lead with 11:32 left in the first half on a 3-pointer by Burgason, who went 5-for-7 from beyond the arc.
The Eagles (7-20, 4-14) scored eight straight to cut the margin to two points. But the Bisons would not allow Florida Gulf Coast to pull any closer, pushing their lead to 42-30 by halftime.
Slater, who went 7-for-13 from the field and made two 3-pointers, hit a jumper with 8:48 to play to give Lipscomb a 79-51 lead - its largest lead of the game.
Reed Baker led the Eagles with 18 points.
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 75 FINAL
Feb 18 9:19 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 30 HALFTIME
Feb 18 8:21 PM
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Dooley tabbed as FGCU men's basketball coach Apr 17
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10