Troy defeats Middle Tennessee 66-62Feb 19, 2010 - 3:36 AM TROY, Ala.(AP) -- Richard Delk scored 15 points and Troy defeated Middle Tennessee 66-62 on Thursday night to send the Trojans into a tie for first in the Sun Belt East division.
The Trojans (15-11, 10-5) scored 12 points off 15 turnovers and scored 34 points in the paint.
Michael Vogler scored 11 points and Antywan Jones and Bernard Toombs chipped in 10 apiece for Troy.
The Trojans, second in the Sun Belt shooting 48.2 percent, made 44 percent of their field goal attempts (22 of 50).
Troy led 29-28 at halftime, and shot 52.4 percent from the field in the second half (11 of 21).
Calvin O'Neil led four players in double figures for Middle Tennessee (16-12, 10-5) with 18 points. James Washington added 15 points and Desmond Yates and Montarrio Haddock added 10 each. Trevor Ottley chipped in 12 rebounds for the Blue Raiders, who snapped a three-game winning streak.
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20
- Gaels, Blue Raiders square off in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 19
- Boynton, Gators drop Blue Raiders Nov 19