Louisiana-Lafayette defeats Arkansas State 56-54Feb 19, 2010 - 4:04 AM LAFAYETTE, La.(AP) -- Randell Daigle had a late steal and hit a free throw with 1:07 left to help Louisiana-Lafayette defeat Arkansas State 56-54 on Thursday night.
The Ragin' Cajuns (12-14, 9-6 Sun Belt Conference) trailed 54-52 with 1:54 left, and Tyren Johnson's free throws tied it with 1:25 remaining.
Arkansas State's Rashad Allison then had the ball stolen by Daigle, whose foul shot put the Ragin' Cajuns ahead 55-54. It was the seventh lead change and the first lead for Louisiana-Lafayette since 7:57 to play.
The Red Wolves (15-11, 10-5) went 0-for-4 from the field the rest of the way and Colby Batiste hit a free throw with 5 seconds left for the final margin.
Johnson finished with 15 points and Daigle added 10 for the Ragin' Cajuns, who scored 21 points off 19 turnovers.
Martavius Adams grabbed 16 rebounds for the Red Wolves, who didn't have a player score in double figures.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17
- Michigan State hangs on against Louisiana Nov 25
- Spartans set sights on Ragin' Cajuns Nov 25
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18