Belmont knocks off Stetson 79-70Feb 19, 2010 - 3:47 AM DELAND, Fla.(AP) -- Freshman guard Ian Clark scored 21 points and had 10 rebounds to lead Belmont to a 79-70 win over Stetson on Thursday night, moving the Bruins into a three-way tie for first in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
Belmont (17-10, 12-5) won its sixth straight game and eighth of its past nine to move into a share of first with Campbell and Jacksonville.
Stetson (6-21, 4-14) was eliminated from participation in next month's Atlantic Sun tournament.
Belmont's Mick Hedgepeth scored 19 points, including 15 in the first half that helped give the Bruins a 32-29 lead at the break.
Stetson's A.J. Smith led all scorers with 23 points and Joel Naburgs had 15 off the bench. Ridge Graham added 13 points and seven rebounds.
Stetson led 64-55 with 6:45 to play before the Bruins went on a 15-2 run. Clark scored 10 points in the final 5:42.
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21
- Wildcats set sights on Bruins Dec 21
- Belmont shocks No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17
- Belmont battles No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17