Sacramento St. 74, Montana St. 80Feb 19, 2010 - 4:31 AM BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) -- Branden Johnson and Will Bynum led five players in double figures as Montana State hung on to beat Sacramento State 80-74 Thursday night.
The two seniors scored 18 points each as the Bobcats (14-12, 9-6 Big Sky) clinched a home game in the conference playoffs.
Montana State stretched a 38-25 halftime lead to 47-30, but the last-place Hornets (9-18, 3-10) eventually took a 72-70 lead on a layup by Duro Bjegovic. Two free throws by Johnson and back-to-back baskets by Bynum, the second after a steal and breakaway with 20 seconds remaining, iced it.
Bobby Howard led Montana State with six rebounds to go with his 15 points. Marquis Navarre and Danny Piepoli scored 11 each. The Bobcats hit 26 of 34 free throws, while Sacramento State made 11 of 13.
Freshman John Dickson's career-high 22 points paced the Hornets. Bjegovic added 16 points and a game-high seven rebounds.
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 74
MONTANA ST 80 FINAL
Feb 18 10:54 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 25
MONTANA ST 38 HALFTIME
Feb 18 9:49 PM
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Portland St. 68, Montana St. 65 Mar 7
- Montana St. 73, Montana 67 Feb 28
- Northern Colorado defeats Sacramento State, 78-66 Feb 28
- Northern Arizona topples Sacramento State 73-59 Feb 27
- San Jose St. 77, Montana St. 66 Feb 20
- Montana defeats Sacramento State, 86-58 Feb 20