ETSU 57, Campbell 79Feb 20, 2010 - 3:05 AM BUIES CREEK, N.C. (AP) -- Lorne Merthie scored 19 points and Campbell beat East Tennessee State 79-57 on Friday night.
Miles Taylor made all six of his shot attempts to score 13 points for the Camels (18-9, 13-5 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won six in a row. Junard Hartley had 10 points, seven steals and five assists.
Campbell pulled away easily from the Pirates (14-14, 10-7), using back-to-back 3-pointers by William Kossangue and Merthie to give the Camels a 32-14 lead with 2:15 left in the first half.
ETSU's Micah Williams followed with a 3-pointer to cut Campbell's margin to 15, but that's as close as the Pirates would get. Later in the second half, Campbell pushed its lead to 33 - its largest of the contest - on Kyle Vejraska's 3-pointer.
Williams led ETSU with 14 points. Sheldon Cooley scored 11 points, six assists and six rebounds with seven turnovers.
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- No. 4 Arizona blasts East Tennessee State Dec 23
- Bucs seek upset of fourth-ranked Wildcats Dec 22
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20
- Camels try to get over the hump in clash with 14th-ranked Zags Dec 19
- North Carolina crushes East Tennessee State Dec 9
- No. 20 Tar Heels take on Buccaneers Dec 8
- Wright, No. 22 Cincy thump Campbell Nov 20