IPFW's 3-pointers beat South Dakota State 78-72Feb 20, 2010 - 10:03 PM FORT WAYNE, Ind.(AP) -- IPFW hit almost 70 percent of its 3-pointers and repelled a late South Dakota State charge to win 78-72 Saturday.
The Mastodons (14-13, 9-8 Summit League) sank 13 of 19 from 3-point range (68.4 percent) in winning their third in a row.
Jeremy Mixon led IPFW with 17 points, including 3 of 4 3-pointers. Nick Daniels hit all four 3-pointers and scored 14. Ben Botts had 12 points and John Peckinpaugh 10, each going 2-for-3 on 3-pointers.
Kai Williams led the Jackrabbits (13-14, 9-7) with 16 points. Garrett Callahan added 13 and Clint Sargent and Mackenzie Casey 11 apiece.
The Jackrabbits committed only six turnovers but were outrebounded 41-31.
The Mastodons' lead peaked at 60-37 on Mixon's basket with 10:12 left. IPFW still led by nine with 1:00 to go, but Griffan Callahan's 3-pointer and Garrett Callahan's three free throws cut it to 75-72 before IPFW closed it out.
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- South Dakota State beats D-II Wayne State 80-53 Dec 2
- Bittle scores 23, South Dakota St. beats Chadron St., 87-52 Nov 14
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 23 Northern Iowa tops South Dakota St. Dec 28