Coastal Carolina beats Charleston Southern 47-37Feb 20, 2010 - 10:04 PM CONWAY, S.C.(AP) -- Kierre Greenwood and Danny Nieman each scored 11 points, and Coastal Carolina beat Charleston Southern 47-37 to tie a school record for wins.
Joseph Harris grabbed 19 rebounds for the Chanticleers (24-5, 13-3 Big South Conference). It was the fewest points allowed in a game by the Chanticleers since a 49-32 win over Virginia Military Institute on Jan. 26, 2004.
Both teams shot poorly, with Coastal hitting 36.7 percent from the field (18-for-49) and the Buccaneers 26.3 percent (15-for-57).
Coastal led by 10 in the first half, but the Buccaneers cut the lead to 24-23 on a 3-pointer by Jamarco Warren with 16:01 to play. Coastal scored the next six points and led by at least four points the rest of the way. Leading 41-37 with 2:44 to play, Coastal closed the game on a 6-0 run.
Kelvin Martin had 14 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Buccaneers (12-15, 6-10).
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17