Washington State edges USC 51-47Feb 21, 2010 - 1:01 AM PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- Reggie Moore scored 12 points, including a banked 3-pointer with 51.4 seconds left, to help Washington State down USC 51-47 Saturday afternoon.
DeAngelo Casto added 11 points, seven rebounds and three blocked shots for the Cougars (16-11, 6-9 Pac-10). Abe Lodwick, making his first start since Jan. 23, also scored 11 points.
Dwight Lewis led USC (16-10, 8-6) with 14 points and four steals. Nikola Vucevic added 12 points and seven rebounds.
Lewis guarded WSU scoring leader Klay Thompson most of the game and held Thompson to a career-low two points. Thompson, a sophomore guard who averages 20.1 points, missed all 12 of his field-goal attempts and had six turnovers.
Washington State won despite making just 14 of 24 free throws (58.3 percent), including misses on 3 of 4 attempts in the final 11.9 seconds.
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 51 FINAL
Feb 20 6:57 PM
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 23 HALFTIME
Feb 20 5:47 PM
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Southern California looks to improved talent to find way up Oct 28
- Southern California Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Utah battles past Washington State Mar 6