Nicholls State defeats Texas State 66-63Feb 20, 2010 - 11:19 PM THIBODAUX, La.(AP) -- Bryson Triggs nailed a game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer to propel Nicholls State to a 66-63 win over Texas State on Saturday.
The Colonels (8-17, 4-8 Southland Conference) trailed by three points after two free throws from Texas State's Ryan White gave the Bobcats a 63-60 lead with 26 seconds remaining in the game. But Chris Iles responded with a 3-pointer for Nicholls State that tied the game at 63 with 14 seconds left.
On the following possession, White committed a turnover for Texas State that led to Triggs' game-winning shot. Those were Triggs' only three points of the game in 7 minutes played.
Fred Hunter scored 17 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead the Colonels, who snapped a five-game losing streak with the win.
J.B. Conley finished with 20 points to pace the Bobcats (12-14, 6-6), while Tony Bishop chipped in with 18.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS STATE 63
NICHOLLS ST 66 FINAL
Feb 20 5:14 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS STATE 25
NICHOLLS ST 23 HALFTIME
Feb 20 3:52 PM
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Appling, Michigan State rout Nicholls State Dec 1
- Colonels come north seeking upset of 13th-ranked Spartans Dec 1
- No. 14 Missouri cruises past Nicholls State Nov 17