McNeese State beats Texas A&M-CC 65-62Feb 20, 2010 - 11:56 PM LAKE CHARLES, La.(AP) -- Diego Kapelan scored 17 points and McNeese State held off Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 65-62 on Saturday.
The Cowboys (9-17, 4-8 Southland Conference) were 7-for-9 from the line in the final 3 minutes to snap a four-game losing streak.
Texas A&M Corpus-Christi (13-13, 7-5) cut a six-point deficit to 63-62 in 51 seconds as LaMarr Drake hit a 3-pointer and Shamar Coombs hit two free throws with 28 seconds left. But the Cowboys' C.J. Collins hit a free throw with 24 seconds left and Dontae Cannon hit another one with 6 seconds to play for the final margin.
It was the third straight loss for the Islanders, who outrebounded McNeese State 40-28, but shot 18.8 percent from the 3-point line (3-for-16).
Patrick Richard scored 14 points and Will Morning added 10 points for the Cowboys.
Demond Watt led Texas A&M-Corpus Christi with 22 points.
- NCAA BB
TX A&M CORP CHR 62
MCNEESE ST 65 FINAL
Feb 20 5:07 PM
- NCAA BB
TX A&M CORP CHR 30
MCNEESE ST 31 HALFTIME
Feb 20 3:52 PM
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8
- North Carolina routs McNeese State Dec 22
- McNeese State comes calling on No. 23 North Carolina Dec 22
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- California uses big second half to beat McNeese State Nov 29
- McNeese State seeks upset of California Nov 28
- Turner helps Aggies down Islanders Nov 26
- No.25 Aggies host Islanders in College Station Nov 26