Utah Valley St. 58, North Dakota 74Feb 21, 2010 - 12:15 AM GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) -- Travis Bledsoe scored 20 points, surpassing 1,000 for his career, and North Dakota defeated Utah Valley 74-58 Saturday.
Nick Haugen added 14 points and Derek Benter 12 for the Fighting Sioux (7-18, 4-3 Great West).
Jordan Swarbrick led the Wolverines (11-15, 4-6) with 21 points and Tyray Petty had 15.
Bledsoe, a senior, is the 30th player in North Dakota history to score at least 1,000 points.
After a tightly contested first half, the Sioux pulled away early in the second. The score was tied at 39 with just over 17 minutes to play when North Dakota put together a 20-4 run. The Sioux led by double digits the rest of the way.
The first half included six lead changes, five ties and neither team led by more than six.
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- North Dakota tangles with No. 12 Wisconsin Nov 19