Sullivan, SE Louisiana beat Stephen F Austin 66-56Feb 21, 2010 - 12:22 AM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- Patrick Sullivan scored 20 points, 14 in the second half, as Southeastern Louisiana pulled away to beat Stephen F. Austin 66-56 on Saturday.
Sullivan's jumper gave the Lions (15-10, 7-5 Southland Conference) a 53-47 lead with 4:38 left and started a 6-0 run.
A 3-pointer by Eddie Williams brought the Lumberjacks (18-7, 8-4) within seven, 57-50, with 2:28 left, but they got no closer. They lead Southeastern Louisiana by one game in the league's East Division.
Led by Sullivan's 9-for-13, the Lions shot 60 percent (24-for-40) for the game, including 69.6 percent (16-for-23) in the second half. The Lumberjacks shot 33.3 percent (20-for-60) after a 25 percent (8-for-32) start in the first half.
Brandon Fortenberry added 12 points for Southeastern Louisiana.
Williams scored 16 points and Jereal Scott 14 for Stephen F. Austin, and Jordan Glynn grabbed 15 rebounds.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23