Fairleigh Dickinson edges St. Francis 56-55Feb 21, 2010 - 12:47 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Alvin Mofunanya's jumper from just inside the 3-point arc with 3 seconds remaining gave Fairleigh Dickinson a 56-55 victory over St. Francis (NY) on Saturday.
Mofunanya's basket was his first in five shots and his only points of the game for the Knights (10-19, 9-7 Northeast Conference).
Sean Baptiste scored 21 points for the Knights, 17 in the first half, which they ended with a 33-22 lead.
Fairleigh Dickinson still led by 11, 52-41, with 8:02 left, but the Terriers (10-17, 7-9) scored the next 12 points to lead 53-52 after Herman Wrice's jumper with 3:01 left.
Wrice made one of two free throws with 12 seconds left to break a 54-54 tie before Mofunanya hit his game-winner, with an assist from Terence Grier, after a Knights timeout.
Ricky Cadell scored 18 points, 15 of them in the second half, to lead St. Francis.
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 56
ST FRANCIS NY 55 FINAL
Feb 20 6:29 PM
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 33
ST FRANCIS NY 22 HALFTIME
Feb 20 5:30 PM
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19