Brown sinks Princeton 57-54Feb 21, 2010 - 2:04 AM PRINCETON, N.J.(AP) -- Matt Mullery scored 15 points and Steve Gruber sank two free throws with 8 seconds left, leading Brown to a 57-54 win over Princeton on Saturday.
The Bears (10-17, 4-6 Ivy League) led 55-51 with just less than 20 seconds left, but Patrick Saunders dropped in a layup and Marcus Schroeder sank a free throw to pull the Tigers within one point. Gruber connected on 2 of 2 free throws, though, and Douglas Davis missed a late jumper for the Tigers to seal Brown's win.
Peter Sullivan added 13 points and Tucker Halpern had 12 for the Bears, who finished with a 94.7 percent mark from the foul line (18-for-19). The Tigers shot just 57.1 percent from the stripe (4-for-7).
Muller was 7-for-7 from the foul line - one of four Bears to finish perfect at the stripe.
Schroeder scored 17 points for the Tigers (16-7, 7-2), who dropped out of first place in the conference.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Elijah Brown leaving Butler Apr 18