Lipscomb defeats Stetson 85-71Feb 21, 2010 - 2:55 AM DELAND, Fla.(AP) -- Adam Hodzic and Josh Slater each poured in 26 points to lead Lipscomb to an 85-71 win over Stetson on Saturday night.
Hodzic, the Atlantic Sun Conference's leading scorer, reached double figures for the 54th consecutive game - the longest active streak in the nation. Hodzic and Slater each shot 11-for-16 from the floor, while Slater knocked down three of his six 3-point attempts. Jordan Burgason chipped in 12 points for the Bisons.
Tyshawn Patterson and Ridge Graham paced Stetson with 18 and 16 points. Joel Naburgs and Mark Lohuis each added 11 points.
Lipscomb (15-12, 12-6 Atlantic Sun) won for the fifth time in its past eight contests. Stetson (6-22, 4-15) has dropped 10 of its past 11 games.
Lipscomb never trailed, and a 14-2 run by the Bisons gave Lipscomb a 28-11 lead with 10:12 remaining in the first half.
- NCAA BB
STETSON 71 FINAL
Feb 20 8:44 PM
- NCAA BB
STETSON 29 HALFTIME
Feb 20 7:47 PM
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10
- Murray State routs Lipscomb, moves to 11-0 Dec 15