North Florida holds off Kennesaw State 66-60Feb 21, 2010 - 4:35 AM KENNESAW, Ga.(AP) -- Brad Haugabrook had a career-high 11 assists and North Florida made nine of 10 free throws in the final 1:05 to hold off Kennesaw State 66-60 on Saturday night.
The Ospreys (13-15, 8-10 Atlantic Sun Conference) also got 14 points from Eni Cuka and 13 points and a career-high 12 rebounds from freshman Andy Diaz.
North Florida took sole possession of seventh place in the conference, a game ahead of the Owls (12-17, 7-11).
The teams were tied 27-27 at the half and they remained tied, 34-34, with 15:37 left in the game. A 3-pointer by Stan Januska gave North Florida the lead for good and ignited a 7-0 run that put the Ospreys up 41-34 with 12:43 to play.
After the lead reached double digits, the Owls cut it to 57-52 with 1:10 left before North Florida sealed the win at the free throw line.
Markeith Cummings and Spencer Dixon led Kennesaw State with 16 points each.
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Kennesaw State, Preston announce mutual separation Mar 19