Clark propels Western Illinois over UMKC 64-59Feb 21, 2010 - 3:25 AM MACOMB, Ill.(AP) -- Ceola Clark scored 21 points to lead Western Illinois to a 64-59 victory over UMKC on Saturday night.
Clark also led the Leathernecks (13-14, 6-10 Summit League) with five rebounds, five assists and four steals. Quenton Kirby added 12 points for Western Illinois, which shot 52.5 percent (21 of 40) in winning its fourth in a row.
LaTreze Mushatt and Jay Couisnard scored 15 apiece to lead the Kangaroos (11-16, 5-11), who clinched the final league tournament spot when Southern Utah lost at IUPUI. The Kangaroos outrebounded Western Illinois 35-25 and committed just nine turnovers but were done in by 32.8 percent shooting.
Western Illinois led 39-24 with 16:34 left. But UMKC ran off eight straight points to trim it to 39-31.
The Leathernecks still led 55-44 with 3:25 to play before UMKC's 9-1 run trimmed it to 56-53 with 1:54 to go. But the Kangaroos got no closer.
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25
- UMKC picks Louisville assistant Richardson Mar 19
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12
- No. 25 Kansas State holds off UMKC Dec 29
- Wildcats set sights on Kangaroos Dec 29
- Smith leads No. 5 Louisville in rout of UMKC Dec 8
- Fifth-ranked Cardinals collide with Kangaroos Dec 8