NJIT defeats Texas-Pan American 66-59Feb 21, 2010 - 12:08 AM NEWARK, N.J.(AP) -- Chris Flores scored 23 points and New Jersey Institute of Technology defeated Texas-Pan American 66-59 on Saturday.
Isaiah Wilkerson added 17 points and Jheryl Wilson had 11 for the Highlanders (8-25, 3-3 Great West Conference), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Wilkerson made 6 of nine field goal attempts.
The Highlanders shot 50.9 percent from the field (27 of 53) and made 53.6 percent (15 of 28) in the first half on their way to building a 32-21 halftime lead. NJIT has not allowed 60 points or more in any of their wins this season.
The Broncs (4-24, 3-6) made only 8 of their first 24 shots, and finished by going 20-for-46 (43.5 percent).
Nick Weiermiller scored 19 points, Aaron Urbanus added 13 and Luis Valera had 11 for the Broncs, who have lost eight of their past nine games.
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 59
NJIT 66 FINAL
Feb 20 6:18 PM
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 21
NJIT 32 HALFTIME
Feb 20 5:18 PM
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- North Dakota claims second straight Great West Conference title Mar 10
- Great West crown on the line in Windy City Mar 10
- Texas-Pan American suspends five players Jan 21
- Ohio State dominates Texas-Pan American Dec 3
- Broncs face tall task in bout with Buckeyes Dec 3