Louisiana-Lafayette defeats Louisiana-Monroe 73-71Feb 21, 2010 - 4:06 AM LAFAYETTE, La.(AP) -- Raymone Andrews hit two free throws with 1:27 remaining - his only points of the game - and Louisiana-Lafayette defeated Louisiana-Monroe 73-71 on Saturday night.
Tyren Johnson scored 26 points for the Ragin' Cajuns (13-14, 10-6 Sun Belt Conference), who didn't score from the field after Colby Batiste hit a jumper for a 70-64 lead with 4:58 remaining.
Louisiana-Monroe (11-17, 6-11) scored the next seven points to take a 71-70 lead on Dynile Forbes' 3-pointer with 2:45 to play, but Batiste hit the first of two free throw attempts to tie the score at 71 with 2:15 left.
Louisiana-Lafayette swept the season series, winning 72-67 on Jan. 30.
Randell Daigle hit five 3-pointers and scored 19 points for the Ragin' Cajuns, who shot 57.9 percent from the 3-point line (11-for-19).
Tommie Sykes scored 27 points and Forbes finished with 12 points.
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 71
UL LAFAYETTE 73 FINAL
Feb 20 10:15 PM
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 38
UL LAFAYETTE 39 HALFTIME
Feb 20 9:01 PM
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28