Florida Atlantic 80, Troy 86Feb 21, 2010 - 4:39 AM TROY, Ala. (AP) -- Richard Delk scored 21 points to lead Troy to an 86-80 victory over Florida Atlantic on Saturday night.
Delk also added seven rebounds for the Trojans (16-11, 11-5 Sun Belt Conference). Michael Vogler scored 18 points, while Brandon Hazzard chipped in with 17. Troy split the season series after losing to FAU 83-69 on Jan. 7.
Shavar Richardson finished with a career-high 31 points for the Owls (14-13, 10-6). Richardson was 9-for-19 from the field, including 6-for-12 from 3-point range.
The game was tied at 51 with 14 minutes left to play, but Troy went on a 15-5 run to take a 66-56 lead after a 3-pointer from Hazzard with 7:57 remaining. The Owls never recovered, and the Trojans shot 5-for-6 from the free throw line in the final minute to secure the win.
Troy held a 35-24 rebounding edge over FAU and shot 64.2 percent from the field (34-for-53).
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22
- Owls hope to soar past sixth-ranked Hoosiers Dec 21
- No. 11 North Carolina routs Florida International Nov 11
- Tar Heels and Owls meet to open Maui Invitational action Nov 11
- Hood helps Bulldogs down Owls Dec 14
- 17th-ranked Bulldogs battle Owls in Starkville Dec 13
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10
- Trojans hit road seeking upset of 17th-ranked Bulldogs Dec 10