Curtis leads James Madison past Longwood 96-86Feb 23, 2010 - 3:05 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Pierre Curtis scored 25 points and dished out 10 assists as James Madison rallied to defeat Longwood 96-86 on Monday night.
Julius Wells added 22 points, Denzel Bowles scored 19 and Ben Louis chipped in 17 for the Dukes (12-17) in their highest-scoring game of the season.
James Madison, which entered the game having lost two straight games and six of its last seven, overcame a 15-point deficit.
Trailing 52-44 at halftime, the Dukes opened the second half on a 7-0 run and led 55-54 with 14:58 left.
The Lancers (11-18), who had won seven of their last eight games, regained the lead, then the score was tied three times. With Longwood ahead 61-60, James Madison used an 8-0 run to pull away.
The Dukes hit 5 of 6 free throws in the final 2 seconds.
Dana Smith scored 25 points, going 12-for-15 from the free throw line, for the Lancers and Antwan Carter added 17.
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Virginia takes care of James Madison Nov 9
- No. 24 Virginia opens season against James Madison Nov 8
- Ferrell fuels Hoosiers in rout of James Madison Mar 22
- Top-seed Indiana takes on James Madison in East Regional play Mar 21
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20
- Gillian resigns as Longwood men's hoops coach Mar 14