Delaware State beats Coppin State 59-43Feb 23, 2010 - 3:04 AM DOVER, Del.(AP) -- Marques Oliver scored 23 points and Delaware State defeated Coppin State 59-43 on Monday night.
Oliver, the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Rookie of the Week with 24 points throughout his last two games, was 10-of-14 shooting against the Eagles (7-19, 2-11).
The Hornets (15-10, 10-4) held Coppin State to 28.8 percent shooting (15 of 52), including an 0-for-8 effort from 3-point range.
Delaware State tallied 13 assists and had nine turnovers, compared to 16 by the Eagles.
Coppin State got within 38-35 with 8:45 remaining, but the Hornets pulled away with a 15-4 run. Jay Threatt, who finished with 11 points and five assists, hit a 3 to put Delaware State ahead 53-39 with 1:52 left.
Sam Coleman paced Coppin State with nine points. Michael Harper finished with 10 rebounds, but was just 3-of-11 shooting in the Eagles' third straight loss.
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 43
DELAWARE ST 59 FINAL
Feb 22 9:32 PM
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 17
DELAWARE ST 24 HALFTIME
Feb 22 8:29 PM
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29