Winston-Salem State tops North Carolina A&T 79-74Feb 23, 2010 - 4:16 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Brian Fisher scored 18 of his 25 points in the second half and Winston-Salem State rallied to defeat North Carolina A&T 79-74 on Monday night, sweeping the season series for the first time in 30 years.
The Rams (11-15), who won 59-57 on Jan. 25, overcame a 15-point first-half deficit to win the 89th meeting between the fierce rivals.
The Aggies (10-18) hit eight of their first 11 field goal attempts while Winston-Salem State missed seven of its first nine.
North Carolina A&T led 43-33 at halftime and built a 52-37 margin with 17:04 left. The Rams then used a 29-9 run to lead 66-61 with 5:43 to go. The Aggies could get no closer than three the rest of the way.
Paul Davis added 15 points and 12 rebounds for Winston-Salem State, which snapped North Carolina A&T's two-game winning streak.
Tavarus Alston led the Aggies with 20 points and Dwane Joshua had 19.
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Kilpatrick, Bearcats thump Aggies Nov 18
- Aggies face tall task in clash with 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 18
- Morgan State defeats North Carolina A&T 84-57 Mar 10