McCamey, Davis lead Illinois over Michigan 51-44Feb 24, 2010 - 2:03 AM ANN ARBOR, Mich.(AP) -- Demetri McCamey scored 14 points and Mike Davis added 13 points and 12 rebounds as Illinois beat Michigan 51-44 Tuesday night.
The Fighting Illini (18-10, 10-5 Big Ten) were coming off a 2-2 stretch in which they had played four straight Top 20 teams, and had an easier time with the struggling Wolverines.
Michigan (13-14, 6-9) got 15 points from Manny Harris, but still fell back below .500 a season after ending an 11-year NCAA tournament drought.
Illinois led 26-18 at the half, holding Michigan to 20 percent shooting, but went into an offensive slump of its own at the start of the second half. The Fighting Illini missed their first nine shots of the half, allowing Michigan to take a 27-26 lead with 15 minutes to play.
Illinois, though, responded with a 15-6 run and held on to win.
- Illinois' Tate rejoins basketball team after case dropped May 20
- Prosecutor: Case against Illinois' Jaylon Tate dropped May 19
- Brown gets new job at Illinois; Nunn pleads in battery case May 18
- Illinois' Nunn pleads guilty to misdemeanor, gets probation May 18
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Groce: Illinois' Black reinstated, will sit out 6 games May 6
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- 9 years after Chief's end, Illinois looks for mascot May 2
- Illinois' Leron Black gets probation for threatening bouncer Apr 21
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Deal would reduce charge, let Illinois' Black avoid jail Apr 4