Towson knocks off William & Mary 83-77Feb 25, 2010 - 3:10 AM WILLIAMSBURG, Va.(AP) -- Troy Franklin scored 27 points to lead Towson to an 83-77 victory over William & Mary on Wednesday night.
Franklin went 10-for-10 from the free throw line and had seven assists as the Tigers, who shot 57.7 percent from the field (15 of 26) in the second half, won for the first time in three games.
Towson (8-20, 5-12 Colonial Athletic Association) went on a 10-2 run late in the second half to take a 72-64 lead on RaShawn Polk's 3-pointer with 3:13 remaining.
David Schneider's 3-pointer cut the deficit to 76-73 with 1:08 remaining, but Franklin scored six consecutive points for an 82-73 lead with 27 seconds left.
Robert Nwankwo scored 16, Josh Thornton had 14 and Polk added 12 for Towson.
Schneider scored 22 points, going 6-for-17 from the 3-point line, Danny Sumner added 16, Marcus Kitts had 12 and Quinn McDowell 11 for the Tribe (19-9, 11-6).
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 77 FINAL
Feb 24 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 35 HALFTIME
Feb 24 7:52 PM
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22
- Towson hits road to challenge No. 2 Kansas Nov 22
- Shockers overcome slow start to down William & Mary Nov 15
- Shockers take on Tribe in CBE Hall of Fame Classic Nov 14