Eastern Michigan edges Ball State 72-67Feb 25, 2010 - 2:57 AM MUNCIE, Ind.(AP) -- Brandon Bowdry had 16 points and 13 rebounds to lead Eastern Michigan to a 72-67 victory over Ball State Wednesday night.
Carlos Medlock and Antonio Green scored 15 points each for the Eagles (15-13, 7-7 Mid-American).
Randy Davis had 16 points for Ball State (15-12, 8-6), playing its final home game of the season. Jarrod Jones added 14 points for the Cardinals.
Eastern Michigan went ahead for good 55-53 on Justin Dobbins' basket with 6:24 remaining. The Eagles wrapped it up from the free-throw line, with Medlock going 3-for-4 in the final 11 seconds.
Ball State shot 48 percent from the field compared to 37 percent for Eastern Michigan, but the Eagles made nine 3-pointers and went 19-for-25 from the free-throw line.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 72
BALL ST 67 FINAL
Feb 24 9:08 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 36
BALL ST 33 HALFTIME
Feb 24 8:00 PM
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28