George Washington defeats La Salle 81-72Feb 25, 2010 - 3:04 AM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Lasan Kromah scored 22 points and Dwayne Smith added a career-high 21 to lead George Washington to an 81-72 win over La Salle on Wednesday night.
Joseph Katuka's layup put the Colonials (15-11, 5-8 Atlantic 10 Conference) ahead 61-60 with 8:39 to go, their first lead since the 15:08 mark.
George Washington pushed the lead to as many as five, before the Explorers (11-16, 3-10) tied it with 4:43 remaining.
However, Kromah hit a free throw, Smith a dunk and Kromah followed with a layup to put the Colonials ahead for good, 72-67, with 3:24 left.
Katuka finished with 10 points and a career-high 14 rebounds for George Washington, which snapped a four-game losing streak to La Salle.
Rodney Green scored 21 points to lead La Salle, which lost its seventh straight.
The Explorers shot just 17.6 percent from 3-point range in the second half.
- NCAA BB
LA SALLE 72
GEO WASHINGTON 81 FINAL
Feb 24 9:12 PM
- NCAA BB
LA SALLE 31
GEO WASHINGTON 35 HALFTIME
Feb 24 8:00 PM
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- VCU gets back on track at George Washington Feb 15
- Colonials tangle with 20th-ranked Rams Feb 14
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- VCU keeps rolling with rout of George Washington Jan 27
- Colonials come calling on 14th-ranked Rams Jan 27
- GW upends No. 11 Wichita State Dec 25
- Shockers clash with Colonials for Diamond Head Classic crown Dec 25
- No. 10 Villanova tops Big 5 rival La Salle Dec 4