Freeman's shot lifts Ohio over Miami (Ohio) 70-68Feb 25, 2010 - 3:08 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Tommy Freeman hit a 3-pointer with 0.6 seconds left to give Ohio University a 70-68 victory over Miami (Ohio) on Wednesday night.
DeVaughn Washington tied his career high with 25 points for the Bobcats (6-13, 6-8 Mid-American Conference) and Freeman scored 19 points, going 6-for-8 on 3-pointers.
The RedHawks (12-16, 8-6), who led by as many as 10 points in the first half and 28-22 at halftime, had regained a 67-66 lead with 9 seconds left on a jumper by Kenny Hayes.
Hayes scored 17 of his 20 points in the second half.
Washington scored a layup and four free throws for Ohio, which had come back to lead 66-65 after trailing 64-59 with 1:53 left.
Both teams shot well in the second half, with Ohio at 57.1 percent (16-for-28) and Miami at 63.6 percent (14-for-22). But the Bobcats were more effective on 3-pointers, going 5-for-8 in the second half to Miami's 1-for-5.
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8
- Miami-Ohio guard Moore suspended 9 games Nov 6