UNC-Wilmington holds off Drexel 75-69Feb 25, 2010 - 4:25 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Johnny Wolf scored 16 points and North Carolina-Wilmington committed a season-low eight turnovers as the Seahawks held off Drexel 75-69 on Wednesday night.
The Seahawks (9-20, 5-12 Colonial Athletic Association), who had lost seven of their previous eight games, won despite dressing just 10 players and playing without their top two scorers: John Fields (dislocated left knee) and Chad Tomko (ankle sprain).
Trevor Deloach, making his first career start for UNC-Wilmington, had a career-high 15 points and Ahmad Grant added 13.
The Seahawks turned the ball over just once en route to a 35-29 halftime lead.
The Dragons (15-15, 10-7), who lost their third straight, pulled within 69-67 with 1:59 left, but UNC-Wilmington then made 6 of 8 free throws in the final 1:40 to finish 18-for-22 from the line.
Chris Fouch led Drexel with 15 points and Jamie Harris had 14.
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 75
DREXEL 69 FINAL
Feb 24 9:00 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 35
DREXEL 29 HALFTIME
Feb 24 7:56 PM
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11
- No. 19 North Carolina cruises past UNC-Wilmington Dec 31
- Seahawks and Tar Heels meet in New Year's Eve fracas Dec 31
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27