Mower leads Lafayette over Army 80-54Feb 25, 2010 - 2:41 AM WEST POINT, N.Y.(AP) -- Jim Mower scored a career-high 26 points to lead Lafayette to an 80-54 victory over Army on Wednesday night.
The sophomore guard also connected on a career-best eight 3-pointers in 13 attempts for the Leopards (17-11, 8-5 Patriot League), who were 14-for-27 behind the arc.
After the Black Knights (14-13, 4-9) took their final lead, 20-19, with 11:12 left in the first half, Lafayette took control, 39-23, with a 20-3 run that included three 3-pointers by Mower.
A 12-0 run in the second half gave the Leopards a 65-38 lead with 9:59 remaining, and they went on to score the highest point total against Army by any conference opponent this season.
Ryan Willen scored 15 points for Lafayette, which moved into a tie for second in the conference with Bucknell, a game behind first-place Lehigh.
Tyrell Thompson scored 18 points to lead Army.
- NCAA BB
ARMY 54 FINAL
Feb 24 9:12 PM
- NCAA BB
ARMY 28 HALFTIME
Feb 24 7:56 PM
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13
- Gophers overwhelm Lafayette for eighth straight win Dec 22