Brackins helps Iowa State edge Nebraska 78-74Feb 25, 2010 - 2:46 AM By LUKE MEREDITH AP Sports Writer
AMES, Iowa(AP) -- Craig Brackins scored 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as Iowa State beat Nebraska 78-74 Wednesday night to snap a six-game losing streak.
Scott Christopherson added 17 for the Cyclones (14-14, 3-10 Big 12), who moved back to .500 while sweeping a Big 12 opponent for the first time in three years.
Brackins broke a 65-65 tie with a pair of dunks, then hit two free throws to give Iowa State a 71-66 lead with 1:56 left.
Lance Jeter hit a 3-pointer with 7.1 seconds left to pull the Cornhuskers within 76-74, but Marquis Gilstrap iced the win with two free throws.
Freshman Christian Standhardinger scored a career-high 25 points for Nebraska (13-15, 1-12), which went 3 1/2 minutes without a field goal down the stretch and lost its seventh straight game.
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Malou heading to NBA draft without playing for Iowa St May 11
- Iowa State signs pair of transfer big men May 9
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Iowa State guard Naz Mitrou-Long granted hardship waiver Apr 29
- Iowa State recruit Malou to explore professional options Apr 25
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Ex-Iowa State athlete sues school over response to rape case Apr 13
- Iowa State signs prep forward Cameron Lard Apr 13
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Iowa St point guard Monte Morris to return for senior season Apr 8
- Cyclones' season starts with Final 4 hopes, ends in Sweet 16 Mar 26